Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fraser's Hill (revisited)


My last visit to Fraser's Hill was about 15 years ago and last week-end I made the climb up the hill just to see and feel the weather again. It was cooling as before alright, and of course many more buildings, especially hotels were added. The Merlin Hotel where I stayed before was changed to a new name but the building still as cute as before. This time around I stayed in a resort since that was the only place available for us.

I took along my two grown up children with me, since during the last visit they were very small then. We spent the two days in Fraser's Hill enjoying the weather and also bird-watching as my new hobby. Never did I realised how entertaining it was just to watch all the beautiful birds that roamed the hill-top. Beautiful as they were, it was indeed time absorbing for us since we also took photograph of the birds in their natural habitat. Their chirpings was also a sweet melody to me and to all those who love nature. I only had to quit just because it was getting dark and our cameras couldnt do the focusing anymore.

The next day we went for bird watching too and made a drive to all the places that was accessible by roads. The birds were everywhere and very friendly too. We had to quit early just to beat the rain. Normally the rain will fall in late evening and that was the main reason we have to come down early. Even then it was already 2 pm and the road was open then. The road from the junction of the main road was narrow and therefore traffic flow has to be regulated. Going up the hill was during the odd hours and going down was the even hours.

Fraser's Hill is one of the best bird sanctuary in Asia. About 260 species of beautiful birds are found here. The bird shown below is the silver-eared mesia or locally known as 'rimba telinga puteh'. It is one of the prettiest bird found here and unofficially is the mascot of Fraser's Hill. For me, this is one place I must visit again and again.

5 comments:

  1. I dont have your blog here but searched in on google and your blog came Visit malaysia , U life in a beautiful country and you visited beautiful places with your family , lovely birds with clouer we dont have in denmark , lovely beach , houses so beautiful must have been a great trip super greeting Birthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog very much, and love the photos. Your country is very beautiful, and the birds are so pretty. Very interesting. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Sandra, I do hope you come here often. You inspired me to write more and better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malaysia is a multi-ethnic, multicultural and multilingual society. The original culture of the area stemmed from indigenous tribes that lived there. Traditional Malaysian art was mainly centred around the areas of carving, weaving, and silversmithing. Traditional Malay music and performing arts appear to have originated in the Kelantan-Pattani region with influences from India, China, Thailand and Indonesia. Music is traditionally used for storytelling, celebrating life-cycle events, and occasions such as a harvest. Malaysia's cuisine reflects the multi-ethnic makeup of its population. Enjoying Malaysia Cell Phone Rental

    ReplyDelete