Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sibu Island


This island is located off the Mersing Coast in Johore and about 45 minutes by ferry from the mainland. There are a cluster of islands within this Sibu Island complex and Sibu Island being the main island has all the main facilities here. There are a few chalets here and normally the visitors here are tourists from all over the world. The island is so beautiful with sky clear waters and the beaches are sheer happiness just to loaf and laze around. The cool breeze that blows to the shore adds more luxury to the already beautiful atmosphere.

I came with my family of course! We stayed in the Sibu Island Resort for two nights and three days. During the day the Resorts arranged several activities like scuba diving, snokelling, boat-ride and canoeing. Apart from that there were several games like volleyball, sand-football, sepak-takraw and others. We chose to just have the boat-rides and visited the few islands around Sibu Island and then spent much of our time by the sea-side, bathing and basking in the sun. Normally we end up taking a dip in the resort's swimming pool.

The boat-ride around the island was such a beautiful experience indeed. Apart from the beautiful sceneries, you feel very isolated and lonely as the mainland was nowhere to be seen. Then, as we passed this small island just close to the main island, we saw many white wild pigeons perching on the trees. I believe it must be the dove. That was he first time I ever sighted these birds even though I know they were around through my readings. Definitely that was not the last visit, and I am sure I am going to visit that island again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tattibau!

    You are very welcome! I welcome new friends! I love the outdoors, Spring, Summer, trees, nature, and sunshine because they give me peace and happiness and make me smile! Fall and Winter can bring me the same, it's just that I really don't experience what I would like to where I live during those months. ;- )

    Take care always!,

    Countrygirl

    ReplyDelete